Please use the button links below to complete a job specific application and submit your resume. Please include the title of the job to which you are applying in your application in order to be considered for each position.
*Northern California Medical Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JOB TITLE: Cardiac Device Clinic Nurse
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Provides cardiac device management for patients with implanted cardiac devices, according to established standards and protocols
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports directly to Cardiac Rhythm Management Supervisor.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Involves standing and walking. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 100 pounds. Requires normal visual acuity and hearing. Requires exposure to bodily fluids.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, and ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
1. Performs cardiac device interrogation for implanted diagnostic loop recorders, pacemakers, internal cardiac defibrillators, and heart failure resyncronization devices based on established guidelines.
2. Observes, records and reports condition of device, current medications and overall condition.
3. Provides patient family education regarding all aspects of cardiac device therapy.
4. Appropriately seeks help from device company representatives for clinic coverage as needed.
5. Maintains communication with device company personnel and physicians regarding specific patient device issues.
6. Manages computerized patient data base including status reports, return intervals, missed appointments and active/inactive list.
7. With assistance from device company techs, maintains various device programmers.
8. Maintains supplies and education materials.
9. Manages distant monitoring for patients with eligible devices, including Carelink, Raytel and Latitude services. .
10. Attends device company education and product update meetings.
11. Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations
12. Maintains patient confidentiality according to HIPAA regulations.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of nursing process and problem solving.
• Knowledge of safety and infection control standards.
• Skill in performing all aspects of cardiac device interrogation and reprogramming and reporting.
• Ability to recognize and report changes in patient condition that may relate to patient device or medication therapy.
• Knowledge of patient education principles.
• Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Completion of each device company’s training program.
Experience: Previous care of cardiac patients preferred.
Certificate/License: Current CA RN or LVN license. CPR Certification. ACLS Certification
ALTERNATE TO MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: None