Please use the button links below to complete a job specific application and submit your resume. Please include the title of the job to which you are applying in your application in order to be considered for each position.
*Northern California Medical Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JOB TITLE: Billing Support
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Performs general support services to the billing staff/department.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports directly to Manager or Director of Business Services.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires prolonged sitting, some bending stretching and occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds. Working in an office environment working under stress and use of telephone required. Requires manual dexterity to operate keyboard, calculator and copy machine and other office equipment. Requires eyesight correctable to 20/20 to read numbers, letters, and computer monitor. Requires hearing within normal range for telephone use.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in an office environment. Involves frequent contact with staff at times. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
1. Print and process claims for all AR’s (SRHN, KOS, BAILEY, NCMA). Sort primary from secondary. Remove Partnershop/Medical/Nordian and give to reps. Remove Worker’s Comp. and bill with notes when batches become available, make duplicate copies and give to reps. Mail all Primary claims. Research all 2nd’s for EOB’s, print and attach to claim and mail. Print denial/deductibles and distribute to reps from Medicare batches. Print and investigate all “to bill’s” in Medicare batches and bill with attached seconds.
2. Process all bad address returns in system and forward to the offices.
3. Process and update RCM report.
4. Return all checks to patients along with letter and update with a note in the system.
5. Scan and input in system all charge batches for all AR’s.
6. Distribute inter-office envelopes, and process all mail.
7. Maintain all charge batches, adjustment batches and Worker’s comp. files by filing and purging when necessary.
8. Maintain all office equipment. Call for repair or maintenance as required.
9. Maintain and order office supplies as needed.
10. Back up on phones and eligibility as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of medical billing and collection practices including insurance company payment policies and fee schedules. Knowledge of CPT, ICD-9, and HCPCS coding and HIPAA guidelines helpful. Knowledge of Microsoft Work and Excel required.
Skill in using computer, adding machine, and other office equipment. Ability to examine documents for accuracy and completeness. Ability to read, understand, and follow verbal and written instructions. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public. Ability to communicate clearly both written and verbal. Skill in answering the telephone in a pleasant and helpful manner.
Education: High school diploma or GED.
ALTERNATE TO MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: None