Please use the button links below to complete a job specific application and submit your resume. Please include the title of the job to which you are applying in your application in order to be considered for each position.
*Northern California Medical Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
LOCATION: Petaluma, CA
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Provides a variety of secretarial duties to physicians and other members of the clinic.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports directly to Office Manager/Supervisor/Coordinator or Regional Operations Manager
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 50 pounds occasionally. Requires dexterity to type 60 wpm.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching.
• Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment.
• Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports.
• Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 50 pounds occasionally.
• Requires dexterity to type 60 wpm.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
• Work is performed in an office environment.
• Responsibilities include: triage of outgoing referrals test orders in SRS as well as sending referrals, orders and necessary paperwork to other providers as required.
• Obtain prior authorization for referrals, diagnostic tests, office and hospital procedures when required.
• Obtain authorization for medication when required.
• Research benefits and eligibility when required.
• Sending medical records as required. Involves frequent contact with staff at times. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people.
. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of medical office procedures.
• Knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation to type from draft copy, review and edit reports and correspondence.
• Knowledge of basic arithmetic to make calculations, balance and reconcile figures and make any changes accurately.
• Skill in operating a computer, and copy machine.
• Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to speak clearly and concisely.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public.
• Two years experience in a medical office.
• Knowledge of medical terminology.
• Typing ability of 60 wpm.
• Word processing and computer experience.
• Will require California Medical Administrative Assistant certification 6 months after hire.
ALTERNATE TO MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Additional appropriate education may be substituted for one year of medical office experience.