Please use the button links below to complete a job specific application and submit your resume. Please include the title of the job to which you are applying in your application in order to be considered for each position.
*Northern California Medical Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Advice Nurse (Registered Nurse)
Clinic: Women’s OBGYN
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Schedule: Full-Time, Monday – Friday
Summary: Provides professional nursing care for patients following established standards and practices.
Duties and Responsibilities (includes, but is not limited to the following):
• Performs general nursing care to patients.
• Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with nursing standards.
• Observes, records and reports patient’s condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physicians. Orders or administers medication as directed.
• Oversees appointment bookings and ensures preferences are given to patients in emergency situations. Maintains timely flow of patients.
• Screens patients for appropriate information. Instruct patients in collection of samples and tests.
• Performs PC Neuromodulation System treatments.
• Performs laser hair removal treatments.
• Responds to and refers incoming telephone calls. Instructs patient and family regarding medication and treatment instructions.
• Maintains and reviews patient records, charts and other pertinent information. Posts tests and examination results.
• Evaluates incoming lab and test results. Reports results to provider and patient.
• Opportunity to train on laser hair removal.
Education, Licensure and/or Certifications
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, pre-bachelor degree program.
• Possession of State Registered Nurse license.
• CPR certification.
• One year of professional nursing experience in OB/GYN preferred.
• Experience in a clinic setting preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of professional nursing theory and practice to give and evaluate patient care.
• Knowledge of organizational policies, regulations and procedures to administer patient care.
• Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
• Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
• Skill in applying and modifying the principles, methods and techniques of professional nursing to provide ongoing patient care.
• Skill in identifying problems and recommending solutions.
• Skill in preparing and maintaining records, writing reports and responding to correspondence.
• Ability to maintain quality control standards.
• Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that may need to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Requires full range of body motion, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
• Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time.
• Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
• Requires exposure to communicable diseases or bodily fluids.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.