Please use the button links below to complete a job specific application and submit your resume. Please include the title of the job to which you are applying in your application in order to be considered for each position.
*Northern California Medical Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JOB TITLE: Advice Nurse (Registered Nurse) – OB/GYN
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Provides professional nursing care for patients following established standards and practices. Bilingual preferred.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports directly to Providers, including Doctors, Nurse Midwives and Nurse Practitioners, and Office Manager/Regional Manager.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires full range of body motion, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Requires working under stressful conditions. Requires exposure to communicable diseases or bodily fluids.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
1. Performs general nursing care to patients. Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with nursing standards.
2. Observes, records and reports patient’s condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physicians. Orders or administers medication as directed.
3. Oversees appointment bookings and ensures preferences are given to patients in emergency situations. Maintains timely flow of patients.
4. Screens patients for appropriate information. Instruct patients in collection of samples and tests.
5. Arranges for patient testing and admissions.
6. Responds to and refers incoming telephone calls. Instructs patient and family regarding medication and treatment instructions.
7. Maintains and reviews patient records, charts and other pertinent information. Posts tests and examination results.
8. Evaluates incoming lab and test results. Reports results to provider and patient.
9. Attends required meetings and participate in committees as requested.
10. Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations
11. Maintains patient confidentiality.
12. Performs related work as required.
13. Opportunity to train on laser hair removal.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of professional nursing theory and practice to give and evaluate patient care. Knowledge of organizational policies, regulations and procedures to administer patient care. Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care. Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment. Skill in applying and modifying the principles, methods and techniques of professional nursing to provide ongoing patient care. Skill in identifying problems and recommending solutions. Skill in preparing and maintaining records, writing reports and responding to correspondence. Skill in developing and maintaining department quality assurance. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff and the public. Ability to maintain quality control standards. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations. Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedure. Ability to communicate clearly.
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, pre-bachelor degree program.
Experience: One year of professional nursing experience on OB/GYN required. Experience in a clinic setting preferred.
Certificate/License: Possession of State Registered Nurse license. CPR certification.
ALTERNATE TO MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: None