Applying For A Job?
Please use the button links below to complete a job specific application and submit your resume. Please include the title of the job to which you are applying in your application in order to be considered for each position.
*Northern California Medical Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Clinic: Administration Department
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Schedule: Full-Time, Monday – Friday
Summary: Performs routine clerical, secretarial and administrative work in answering telephones, receiving the public, providing clerical and customer assistance, running errands, data processing, ordering supplies, scanning, filing, and record-keeping.
Duties and Responsibilities (includes, but is not limited to the following):
- Provide administrative support to Executive staff.
- Develops and maintains office forms and procedures, and assists with administrative tasks.
- Answers central telephone system and directs calls accordingly.
- Receives the public and answers questions, in person and by telephone; responds to inquiries from employees and others.
- Prepares outgoing mail; sorts and distributes incoming mail.
- Duplicates and distributes materials.
- Composes, types, and edits correspondence, reports, memoranda and other material.
- Coordinates meetings for Executive staff.
- Coordinates conference room calendar. Sets up and cleans up for various meetings and events.
- Maintain office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Drives and runs errands on a regular basis.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Education, Licensure and/or Certifications
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must have valid driver’s license and car insurance.
- One year work experience required, preferably in an administrative office setting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, Excel.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of business office procedures.
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation to produce correspondence.
- Skill in operating a computer and copy machine.
- Skill in greeting customers and answering the telephone in a pleasant and helpful manner.
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely.
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to sort and file materials correctly by alphabetic or numeric systems.
- Ability to multi-task and stop projects to help and assist guests, office staff, and NCMA Physician’s and employees.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that may need to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching.
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment.
- Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports.
- Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Requires dexterity to type 60 wpm.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in an office environment and may involve frequent contact with staff at times. A high level of professionalism must be maintained in this role. This position drives for the company.