Applying for a job?
Please use the button links below to complete a job specific application and submit your resume. Please include the title of the job to which you are applying in your application in order to be considered for each position.
Northern California Medical Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Accounts Payable Specialist
Department: Accounting & Finance
Location: Santa Rosa, Calif.
Schedule: Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
High volume of AP coding and entering invoices for payment. Processes check requests and refund checks requests, and handles check disbursements.
Duties and responsibilities
(includes, but is not limited to the following):
- Opens mail, matches invoices to packing slips, codes and enters invoices into the accounting system.
- Selects invoices for payment based on office policy; generates and disburses checks.
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Codes invoices to correct cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifies federal id numbers; schedules and prepares checks, invoices, or payment discrepancies and documentation; ensures credit is received for outstanding memos; issues stop-payments.
- Reimburses employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and/or check requests.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintains records by scanning checks and back-ups into AP Folders.
- Disburses petty cash by recording entry and verifying documentation.
- Reports sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
- Obtains and enters W9 for Annual 1099-Misc. reporting.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality.
- Performs related work as required.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Education, licensure and/or certifications
- High school diploma or GED.
Accounting experience preferred.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Knowledge of accounts payable practices.
- Knowledge of general ledger accounts.
- Skill in use of computer software programs such as Word and Excel.
- Ability to examine documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Ability to prepare records in accordance with detailed instructions.
- Ability to work effectively with co-workers as a team member.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that may need to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending stretching and occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds.
- Requires manual dexterity to operate telephone, keyboard, calculator, copy machine and other office equipment.
- Requires eyesight correctable to 20/20 to read numbers, letters, and computer monitor.
- Requires hearing within normal range for telephone use.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in an office environment and may involve frequent contact with staff.